Place into the slow cooker, turn on low:
- 28 oz - Crushed tomatoes (1 x 28 oz can)
- 32 oz - Black chili beans (2 x 16 oz cans)
- 12 oz - Mild salsa, pick your favorite
- 16 oz - Beef broth
- 1 oz - Dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp - Chili powder
- 1 tbsp - Oregano
- 1 tsp - Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp - Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp - Pepper, ground
- 1 tsp - Sugar, granulated
- 1 tsp - Brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp - Ancho chile powder
- 1/4 tsp - Chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 tsp - Cayenne pepper powder
- 1 - Bay leaf
Brown, drain, and place into the slow cooker:
Cook, place into the slow cooker:
- 16 oz - Tenderloin chunks, cooked to medium rare
- 8oz - Chicken breast, shredded, cooked fully (optional)
Note: Make sure the tenderloin gets a minimum of 7 hours in the slow cooker. Will turn into a pot roast texture.
In the last hour or two, place into the slow cooker:
- 8 oz - Tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp - Chipotle Tabasco sauce (to taste)
Total time: ~10hrs.
Serve with freshly grated Colby, and Monterey Jack cheeses. We like ours over steamed white rice.
Note: The key to steamed white rice is washing the rice before cooking.
In the future, I'll be exploring these ingredients further:
- Kidney beans
- Adobo sauce
- Whole chipotle peppers
- Medium ale (beer)