1. Place into a small pot on medium-low:
- 16 oz - Refried beans (1 x 16 oz can)
- 1/3 cup - Mild salsa or sauce
- 1/4 tsp - Chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 tsp - Kosher salt
Note: Any mild salsa / sauce works. Taco Bell mild / hot is good.
Stir until well mixed. You can bump up the heat if you think the beans are "watery."
2. Line a pan with foil, place scoop chips face up.
3. Flick refried beans over scoop chips.
4. Grind 8-12 oz of Colby & Monterey Jack cheese, sprinkle over scoop chips.
Is grinding the cheese worth it over the big bags of mixed cheese? Yes.
5. Place in 375F oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Total time: 15-20 minutes
- Chopped chicken
- Sliced steak
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce